Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Initial posting

There are lots of retirement blogs out there but I will try to make this one different. For one thing, you won't find any financial advice here. This is all about mental preparation for retirement. And it will be unique because it will be retirement preparation seen through my own lens -- that being the only one I can see through. But I am a Boomer, so I have a number of friends who have either already retired or are considering it, and I have garnered a lot of ideas from them.

My retirement date is edging closer day by day. I have made some progress in the mental preparation, but I'm not there yet. My plan is for this blog to show on a daily or semi-daily basis how the thinking is going, and hopefully to make it as interesting as possible. And I hope it will be helpful too, if you're one of those facing this particularly challenging time of life. Check back in a day or two and see what's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment