Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Midwestern Five-Point Plan

This drop cap was found accidentally -- serendipitously -- while surfing the Web looking for something else. It reminded me of some wise thoughts from another of my friends, a colleague at a state school in the Midwest who has been retired for a year. She developed a five-point guide for her retirement. Each day she tries to include five things: 1) something she does for herself; 2) something she does for others; 3) something for the inside of her house; 4) something for the outside of her house; and 5), the one that reminded me of this: something professional. Like my colleague, I want to keep developing my professional abilities in retirement and the Web has more resources than I will ever be able to tap. If you like design too, try this fun site, www.dailydropcap.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment