Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Things I won't miss

There are lots of things I will definitely miss when I retire, but here's one I won't:

Oblivious students walking across campus.

I am well aware they have only 10 minutes to get from one class to another, and that sometimes they are cold and wet and in a hurry. But oblivious is dangerous. There are very good reasons that Mom said not to step out from between parked cars, or to walk out behind a car that is very obviously backing up.

It looks like I'm going to manage to get out of here without running over one of them that I couldn't avoid. For that I am grateful.

OK, forgive me..... I am going to make this TWO things I won't miss when I retire. The other is parking wands. It took me three years to learn where the sweet spot is on my dashboard that makes the gate go up without wild waving, but the gates aren't consistent and I'm never sure whether I'm going to get through or not. In a couple of weeks I give back the wand and get a double reward: I eliminate not only that frustration but also the monthly parking charge. Keep accentuating the positive......

No comments:

Post a Comment