Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Finally . . .

Maybe tomorrow is when my retirement actually truly starts.

Finishing up at the office last Dec. 9 simply meant I could plunge headlong into a serious backlog of holiday preparations. In addition, we've brought the grandkids over several times during the holidays for long visits while their parents worked. Tomorrow, their school resumes for the spring semester. I returned them home tonight. Finally, tomorrow there will be no holiday deadlines to meet, no company coming, no kids to watch, no pies to bake. Nothing much coming up next week either. There are a few small things on the calendar and a few must-do items hanging over my head, but for the first time since I finished up my job, the days stretch out before me, gloriously empty. Perhaps my "sabbatical," in the words of my West Coast friend, is finally beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need our kids to come for a visit... how about next week? ;)

    ReplyDelete