Friday, January 13, 2012

Rest, or not?

Ah, the life of the retired person who's sick. A couple of days ago I came down with a bad cold. So last night I went to bed really early, and today I'm drinking hot tea, eating chicken soup, and just sitting here. My Former Self would have worked late last night, taken cold medicines this morning just like on the ads, and headed off to the office hoping that work would take my mind off the cold miseries.

My Retired Self is feeling a tad lazy just now, though. Granted, I'm doing what doctors recommend, but isn't that a bit wimpy? I soldiered through before and lived to tell about it; why not now? Is sitting here with a latte and my feet up the best thing I should be doing right now?

Here's an item to add to my Retirement To-Do list: "Persuade myself that rest is a legitimate and good use of time." I'm resting, for a day at least, but still working on the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment