Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The final week

Three days left in the office. Some of the students are asking if my email address will still work, and can they send me a story now and then to look at? Hear that: They want my advice. Now who can turn down somebody who wants your advice? So of course I said yes. I don't think they'll do it TOO often.... I don't want to get anything started.

Other than that the turning loose is going pretty well. Walking to the parking lot Monday evening I saw a woman from another department. In my pre-retiree life, I would have chatted her up as part of a constant bridge-building effort with other departments. On Monday I smiled, nodded, and kept walking.

The packing, on the other hand, is  not going that well. There's too much I want to keep. I'm going to need a big new bookcase.....

No comments:

Post a Comment