Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Things that never got done

Retirement is like any other leaving, I guess; it's an end to what was and what can never be again. It means that a lot of things you intended to do will never get done. As I completed my work duties last week, I thought of a person I had intended to get to know, and I saw a friend with whom I had intended to have a conversation about a subject of mutual interest. But I had never taken the time to get to know the person, and I had never taken time to have the conversation.

My work and location the past 20 years offered a lot of opportunities for wonderful things and while I enjoyed many of them, many were things I just always meant to do, sometime …… but I didn't. Most likely now, I never will.

In retirement there will be new people to meet, new conversations to have, new opportunities for wonderful things. Somehow I must make sure I get around to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment