Monday, December 12, 2011

First workday at home

I slept in till 8:30 this morning. Last night I stayed up till past midnight and with great pleasure did not set the alarm for this morning.

A friend told me that on his first workday at home after retirement, he set TWO alarm clocks, just for the fun of shutting off both of them and then going back to sleep.

That's an idea, but I just slept in. After getting up I ate a quick breakfast and husband and I headed off to town to run errands: post office, drug store, hardware store, groceries. After we got home it was time to fix lunch. After eating and cleaning up, I looked at the clock. 12:30 p.m. This is how days get eaten up in retirement. The minutiae of life expand.

I need a structure, but with room for serendipity.

Right now, though, Christmas is coming and I'm about two weeks behind on what needs to be done. Structure goes to the back burner. The key will be to not let it stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment