Sunday, December 11, 2011

'First weekend with no subsequent week'

An alum messaged me on Facebook today, "So how's the first weekend with no subsequent week?"

Usually at this time on a Sunday afternoon, I would have to shift into high gear. There was always so much that needed to get done over a weekend, and by about 5 p.m. on a Sunday I would realize how much of it still remained to be done. So Sunday evenings were always a bit pressured: With the alarm going off at 6 a.m., how late would it be before I could mark everything "Done"?

This afternoon, when the cat climbed into my lap obviously wanting a long neck-scratching session, I let him stay. I still have a "Must do" list before bedtime -- that's inescapable in a holiday month -- but I'm not scrambling. The cat's happy, husband is happy. I'm going to go now and try a new recipe, pumpkin pancakes, for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment