Friday, December 9, 2011

Last day

Oh, the little stuff.... Pulling my name off the tape dispenser. It's the last vestige of my identity in this room. The computer, of course, is still very much mine, but in a couple of weeks the hard drive will be wiped clean, ready for someone new. I find myself wondering about what kind of person will occupy this office next. Will it be a man or woman, what will they think of the little striped cat I'm leaving, that has sat on the top shelf of the bookcase with his fishing pole for 10 years now, dangling a little orange fish on the end of his line. Will the new occupant think he's cute, or flick him into the wastebasket first thing? My husband would remind me, 'You don't have to worry about that, you'll be gone,' and he's right.... but I wonder. What kind of person will it be, taking care of MY kids and watching over MY department? Would I approve?

It's time now to start carrying boxes out to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment